CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a light touch manual therapy that utilizes the self-correcting mechanism of the Central Nervous System (brain and spinal cord), affecting all systems of the body.
Here are but a few of the benefits one can expect with CST:
LONGEVITY: CranioSacral Therapy for Longevity; Reversal of the Aging Process: Class by Michael Morgan: https://preventingalzheimers.com/
The 2008 study by Michael Morgan and the University of Iowa discovered CST to improve symptoms of mid to late stage Alzheimer’s Disease over a periods of several weeks:
- Greater communicative abilities—100-year-old woman moved from single-word responses to speaking again in complete sentences
- One woman regained the ability to feed herself
- All participants more easily recognized family members and friend who visited them
- All were less agitated and easier to manage
- The BodyEnergy Longevity Prescription: How CranioSacralTherapy helps prevent Alzheimer’s and Dementia while improving your quality of life. Michael Morgan, September 7, 2014.
- Michael Morgan Ted Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YSh4oR8xc0
- Upledger Institute Research Article: https://www.iahe.com/docs/articles/CSTDementiaArticle.pdf
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (TBI): CST has been approved by the FDA for Motor Vehicle Accidents because of its potential to resolve neurological symptoms and damage to the brain from trauma.
CONCUSSION: CST was part of the Ricky Williams research study treating professional football player. The study can be found here:
Link to a variety of research articles involving CST: https://www.upledger.com/therapies/articles.php